Your Guide to Aged Care
We understand that when it comes time to access aged care services the process, paperwork and financial impact can be daunting; most people feel like a fish out of water. Below is a simple checklist to start the process, and a list of issues for you to consider.
- Obtain an aged care assessment, through your local aged care assessment team
- Research care services or residential facilities that best meet your needs
- Seek a clear understanding of the costs
- Secure professional help to clarify your financial options and to access all of your eligible entitlements
- What are the likely monthly fees and charges, and are they sustainable?
- Can the aged pension be obtained and/or retained?
- How can investments and assets be preserved?
- Will I have enough money to cover lifestyle and other expenses?
- Are there financial strategies available to improve my financial position?
- Can my estate planning wishes be honoured?
- How can the estate be best preserved so assets are not wasted?
- Are the agreed strategies sustainable in the future and how often should they be reviewed
- How are the fees and charges calculated?
- What’s the best way to fund the Refundable Accommodation Deposit?
- Is it better to pay the Daily Accommodation Payment, or a combination of Deposit and Daily Payment?
- What will my Means Tested Care Fee be, what’s counted and is it realistic?
- Is it best to KEEP or SELL the family home to pay costs?
- Can money be borrowed to fund care?
- Can family or friends help, and if so, how?
- What’s the cash flow impact of my choices?
Contact us today on our National Toll Free 1800 243 322 number, or send us an email and we’ll call you email@example.com.
Aged Care Financial Services International Pty Ltd ACN 159 950 544 is a Corporate Authorised Representative No 428 122 of Financial Services Pty Ltd ABN 38 078 629 973. AFSL 245451. This information is of general nature only and is based on current laws and their interpretation. The application of the information on this website will depend on the individual’s circumstances. Before making any investment decisions, we recommend you consult a financial adviser to take into account your particular investment objectives, financial situation and individual needs.